A formal request has been submitted to the City of Toronto to rename Birchmount Stadium, located at 75 Birchmount Road, to “Bill D. Stephens Stadium”.
This renaming would acknowledge and recognize the significant contribution Bill D. Stephens has made to the City of Toronto. This proposal for the naming is currently being reviewed by the staff of the City of Toronto’s Parks, Forestry and Recreation Division and we would like your input.
Note: Bill D. Stephens’ Bio is shared within the survey. Ways to provide your input:
- Complete this online survey – Open for responses until August 1, 2019
- Submit a letter of support or objection. Comments must be received by August 1, 2019
Letters of support or objection should be mailed to:
Toronto Parks, Forestry and Recreation – Park Naming
Coronation Park, 711 Lake Shore Boulevard West,
Toronto ON M5V 3T7
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
For those curious about the renaming process, here are the steps involved.
- A community group fills out a form provided by Parks with a letter stating their intent to rename, including the reasons why.
- Once the application has been received, Parks sends it to the Office of Partnership to see if it meets their criteria.
- Once approved by the Office of Partnership the application goes through Parks for their criteria approval process.
- Once Parks approves, it then goes to community consultation.
- Following Community Consultation, Parks staff present a report to community council.
- Community Council votes.